Answered By: Sarah Jenkins Last Updated: Jul 17, 2018 Views: 1
Answered By: Sarah Jenkins
Last Updated: Jul 17, 2018 Views: 1
Holds at Fondren and Hamon:
You may place books on hold if you are an SMU student, staff or faculty member. Guests cannot place holds.
Policies differ by library, please refer to the library's website for details.
How to Place a Hold:
- Locate the item using the Library Search.
- You can sign in to your account at the top right corner or:
- When you find the item you want, the page will ask you to log in before you can request it.
- Click on "Request Item for Pickup" and then "Request".
- You will receive an email notification when your item is ready for pickup.
If you cannot place a hold:
- Make sure you are logged in to your account, the option to request an item will not show if you are not logged in.
- There are items that cannot be placed on hold such as reference titles, periodicals, course reserves and movies (DVD or VHS).
- Guest patrons will not see a "Request Item for Pickup" option.